Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dog Sh*t


So, now that I have given you a brief rundown of who I am and the way I think, I can share this story with you.
YAY!!! Story Time!!!

Come on! If I told you half of the stuff that goes through my mind without easing you into it, you would all think I am a freak!

I am sure most of us have had the awkward thought of 
 "Who is supposed to say I love you first?"
Yeah, that has crossed my mind, more times than what is probably normal.

I tend to over analyze things, just an FYI. I also have NO patience. Personality fault #'s 1&2. So, I'm sure you can imagine how this can become very conflicting at times. I have issues. Don't judge.

So, back to the big question of the day!!! WHO is it supposed to be?? I would love your opinions!

Funny story about how Army Man and I first swapped our "I love you's."

One fine summer morning, Army Man was getting ready for work and looking handsome like he always does in his uniform.

**SIDE NOTE!**
I get it now!! A man in uniform is sexy! It finally makes sense!!


Anyways, we had some visitors at our house a.k.a more dogs (surprising, I know). At the time, we had 2 dogs, and we were dog sitting our best friend's dogs. All 4 of their dogs.

So, for all of us math challenged  individuals in this world, that makes 6 dogs in our house.

Too many puppy dogs.


Thank god their dogs weigh as much as my foot, otherwise I might have just gone crazy.

As Army Man was walking out the door and giving me a farewell kiss, one big dog (the german sheppard, Shadow) and one little dog (named JD, he's the man!) simultaniously decided this was prime time to drop a duce in our front room.

More math time!! That's not 1, but 2 #2's in my living room at once.
Not. OK.
Who does that???!!! Wait, that's a silly question!  Apparently, JD and Shadow and Shadow is no little lady (see exhibit A below).

Oh, hello there pretty puppy.

Army Man looked so defeated. But how can you hate such cute faces?! And, let's not forget to mention, that Shadow is the favorite puppy dog of them all and can do no wrong.

Opportunity!!!

I looked at him and said:
 "I love you and promise I will never sh*t on your carpets."
Did that seriously just leave my mouth?? Yup, it did. *Insert face palm here* That was the first time I ever saw Army Man laugh that hard.

Great, he totally did NOT take me seriously. In all honesty, I wouldn't have taken me seriously.

And to my surprise, he grabbed me, kissed me, and told me he loved me too.
(this is where you saw "Awwwww")

Seriously??

One of the most UN-ROMANTIC situations was turned into a highlight of my life. In that moment, in the midst of rankness flowing through the air, I fell head over heels for Army Man.

So the next time an unexpected duce (or 2) enter your life, maybe you should think about the blessings they can bring.

And thank your dogs for their lovely presents.

Silly dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment